Influenza (Flu) symptoms come on suddenly, unlike a regular cold. Anyone that contracts the flu is contagious 1-2 days before their first symptom. The flu causes server fatigue and extreme weakness. The flu can also cause headaches, nasal congestion, dry cough, body aches, sore throat, and chills. Typically the flu causes fevers over 100.4 Fahrenheit. If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, we would advise the child to be evaluated by a medical provider and tested for Influenza A & B.
We offer an Influenza A & B test that delivers molecular flu results in 13 minutes or less, making it significantly faster than other molecular methods and more accurate than conventional rapid tests. Walk-ins welcome.
- Get your flu shot. Influenza is the only respiratory virus preventable by vaccination.
- Wash your hands often or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands; it’s the easiest way for germs to enter your body.
- Try to avoid crowds of people during peak flu season. This will reduce your chances of infection.
- If you are sick, stay home for at least 24hrs after your fever subsides so that you lessen the chances of infecting others.
We provide flu shots on a walk-in basis, or you can call ahead.